Social Icons

Pages

Monday, December 10, 2012

Patricia B's Integer Scribepost

 Equivalent Statement: The 1st integer's 
sign doesn't change. The 2nd integer's sign becomes opposite and so does the addition/multiplication/subtraction/division sign which in this case is subtraction, so now it's an addition statement.  
       3 + 10 = 13.
 Standard form: +3 - -10
                        + 3 - (-10)= +13

 One negative integer plus one positive integer = Zero. For this question, I took 5 away from 8 and I got 3. I knew I owed more and so, I put a negative sign before 3.
 Standard form: -8 + +5
                          -8+5= -3







The equivalent statement for this question is (-3) + (-3). The 1st integer didn't change but the subtraction sign and 2nd integer did.
 Standard form: -3 - +3
                            -3 - 3= -6






The equivalent statement is (+10) + (+5) = (+15)
Only the subtraction sign and the 2nd integer changed.
 Standard form: +10 - -5
                        +10 - (-5) = +15







For this one, I just subtracted 6 from 9 and got 3. I knew I had more and so, I added a positive sign before 3.


1 comment:

  1. Great Work Patricia! Your pictures were very clear to understand. I like how you put an explanation beside each one of your pictures. Overall, good job and keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete

 

Sample text

There was an error in this gadget

Creative Commons License