6. Circle the words that correctly complete each statement.
- Each consecutive value for c changes by (the same/a different ) amount.
- Each consecutive value for I changes by (the same/a different ) amount.
7. Graph the ordered pairs in the table of values.
For the y axis ( m ) I labelled the intervals by 2 because it is a more easier to handle, instead of going up by 3's starting at 7.
8. Circle the table(s) of values that show a linear relation. Explain your answer.
a) table of values show a linear relation because the x axis ( I ) and the y axis ( m ) have equal intervals going up.
Eg. If you were to graph this on a grid, you would be able to connect the ordered pairs, which would make a straight line.
9. The table of values represents a linear relation.
b) What is the difference in value for consecutive x-values?
x-values = + 1 ( 1, 2, 3......)
c) What is the difference in value for consecutive d-values?
d-values = + 3 ( 3, 6, 9.....)
e) Write an expression for d in terms of x.
Here is a link to a game about graphing.